We have listed some helpful information for you:
Entry requirements for Greece:
If you are a EU citizen, you just need your valid national police ID card. Greece is a Member-State of the European Union and has signed the Schengen Agreement. Citizens of Member-States are able to stay without visa for a short stay period of up to three (3) months.
In order to have access to necessary health care in Greece, tourists from member states of the European Union (EU) must be holders of the European Health Card (EHIC) or any other legal Community document issued by their competent social security agency.
If you are a non-EU citizen or a citizen of a country not in the Schengen Agreement, you will need a valid passport and depending on your country of origin, you might need a visa. You can receive a visa at the Greek Consulate nearest to your residence and get further information there.
During their stay in Greece, visitors with a visa must also have suitable insurance coverage for emergency medical or other needs. They have to consult their social security agency for information before traveling.
Please pay attention that, a passport is still necessary for a number of other transactions, such as currency exchange, purchases, etc.
Useful details to know:
– The Official language is Greek. Because of the many visitors in Greece, many inhabitants
speak English or another Language as well.
– The Currency in Greece is Euro(€).
– The Climate is Mediterranean.
– The International calling code of Greece is +30.
– The Time zone is GMT +2.
– The Electric Current in Greece is 230V AC (50Hz). Appliances from North America require
a transformer and British ones an adapter.
– The emergency telephone numbers are:
– Ambulance Service: 166
– SOS Doctors : 1016
– Duty Hospitals and Clinics: 1434
– Pharmacies: 1434
– Open Line for alcohol drug Addiction: 210 36 17 089
– Poisoning First Aid: 210 77 93 777
– Police: 100
– Tourist Police: 1571
For more information please feel free to contact us. We would be glad to answer your questions and help you to organize your stay in Greece!